What does a Resource Consultant do?
Act as an advocate for learners in their care.
- Be well informed of the learner's goals and progress in order to advocate for quality opportunities for growth.
- Understand and utilize the Funding Guidelines to help families adhere to them and to make informed choices when making purchases.
- Use available staff resources in the case of non-compliant families and communicate when issues arise, not long after the fact.
Facilitate the creation of documentation that meets program expectations and accurately reflects the scope of the learner's educational goals and progress.
- Develop a curriculum and learning plan that challenges the learner and connects the learner with the necessary support services provided by the program.
- Write and/or revise all components of the learning plan: curriculum, budget, growth, and narrative.
- Semester updates and documentation.
- Inform parents and/or learners of pertinent assessment information and use that information in the formation of the learning plan.
- Facilitate access to and communication from the Highly Qualified, when required.
Provide access to or information about resources that will benefit the learner
- Coordinate services for the learner (connecting the learner with community resources, outside agencies, or other support services).
- Facilitate transition planning for the learner (contacting colleges, completing applications, grant/scholarship applications, accessing vocational training, any post-secondary preparations).
- Find tutors or other educational resources to aid with academic needs.
- Research and/or develop activities that support the learning plan.
Maintain accurate and detailed records in the VISION HCP office
- Complete all new or returning learner enrollment paperwork.
- Take responsibility to provide timely, quality documentation.
- Place all documentation, including funding requests, in the learner's notebook.
Participate in policy decisions and act as a general advocate for the Surface Creek VISION HCP
- Attend all Resource Consultant meetings, trainings and events to remain well informed and a part of the community.
- Proactively seek solutions when things are not working well.
- Participate in all VISION HCP-sponsored training and workshops.
Generally act as a liaison between the Learner and VHCP
- Remain well informed and present a positive attitude when dealing with families, coworkers and other program participants.
- Communicate all pertinent information to the learner and facilitate the use of the program newsletter by families.
Set their own schedule for meeting with learners and responsibly keep that schedule
- Maintain direct face-to-face contact with each learner at least once per month.
- Meet with learners as described in the individual Learner/RC/Parent Agreement, to ensure that the learner is adequately supported.
- Complete both weekly and monthly hour documentation and submit to the Director and/or Payroll Administrator according to stated deadlines.